Student Life Employment
Student Life is one of the largest employers of student workers on campus. We look at employment as an opportunity to develop young people as employees in both soft skills as well as job-specific skills. We look for students who have a service orientation and want to provide students, staff, and visitors to Indiana Tech with an amazing experience. That experience may be at a fun student event, a meeting in the conference center, a movie in the Magee-O’Connor Theater, or a birthday party in the Recreation Center.
Student Life also offers two graduate assistantships, one in the Intramurals and Recreation area and one in the Programming and Organizational Leadership area.
The types of jobs offered are:
- The Fitness Center Team: oversee daily operation of the newly renovated fitness facility.
- The Event Team: create, execute, market, and set up/tear down for our student events.
- The Audio-Visual Conference Team: conduct all set ups and audio-visual needs for Andorfer Commons and Multi-Flex Theater for events which serve the entire campus and local community.
- The Rec Center Team: ensure the Rec Center is open and clean with resources available to students while also conducting private rentals for community members with the responsibility of operating our six-lane bowling alley.
- The Intramural Coordinator Team: assist with intramural events and sports, organize, referee, and make sure students have a fun and safe experience.
- The Orange Crew: organize and creating opportunities to show school pride for students at athletic events.
- The Office Team: answer phones, greet people, and work on special projects for the professional staff.
Open employment opportunities within Student Life are posted on Human Resource’s students employment page. If you want more information about working in student life, please feel free to visit the Student Life Office in Andorfer Commons, Room 243 and pick up a job description or two. Students who seek employment must also go through the Orange Card process required of all students who work on campus.